What a sad moment, when you realize Christmas is over as fast as it came… I love Christmas, it is by far my favorite holiday of the year. I enjoy the entire season, everyone’s happiness, and all of the decorations. I have not blogged in forever it seems, so I will just share a few of my favorite things about Christmas 2012!
- Real Tree – This year we opted to go to a tree farm and pick out our very own Christmas tree! What a cool experience, I felt like I was living back in the olden days. Even more fun was having the tree in our house, as it was the first time for either of us to have something other than an artificial one. We loved everything about it – the smell, the look, the feeling, everything! Cleaning up the needles wasn’t even as bad as we had hear about. It made the season better than before. We will do it again for sure!
- Spoiling Terrance – There is nothing more fun than a child who believes with everything they have that Santa is the real deal! We took him to do so many fun things – an elf carousal ride, sit on Santa’s lap, decorating and hanging up his stocking, reading Christmas stories, and of course showering him with presents! Something so neat was his love for a snow globe, we decided we would get him one each year as something he can collect.
- Outside Lights – I came home one Friday night to a completely decked out house. I was so excited to see the outside covered in lights! Our halls were officially decked!
- Baking goodies – I finally mastered making some puffy chocolate chip cookies – which some of you may know – has always been a challenge for me. I also made some chocolate crinkles, oreo balls, lemon cookies, and will still be making chocolate pretzels!
- Family – We were so lucky this year to be able to spend time with so many of our loved ones! Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were full of family, laughter, and love! We appreciate and love our families so much.
- Decorating the Cemeteries – We picked a weekend and put live wreaths and flowers on the graves of our loved ones in Heaven. Of course this was partly sad, but at the same time, it was something special to do together and celebrate those we miss so much.
- My Fiancé – Saving the best for last…Hands down I am the luckiest gal in the world. I don’t care how many presents I get spoiled with, what matters to me the most is being with someone I love so much. The best part of my Christmas was waking up and sharing that special morning with Patrick. Just being able to sit and drink coffee, open presents, joke, and get ready for the day together was amazing. He makes everything so much better, and I feel completely blessed. every. single. day.
I am already looking foward to the holiday season next year, but until then I will continue to relive this one! I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!