New Year, New Resolutions
As I look into 2013 there are several resolutions I could make, but I have a tough time narrowing it down to just one goal. Sure, I’d love to be more patient, I’d like to have a completely clean house all the time, I’d love to lose weight while still occasionally treating myself, I’d love to run a 5K and be healthier than I’ve ever been, and I want to send more ‘just because’ cards to family and friends. But, let’s get real the days pass so quickly, sometimes it is hard to squeeze the basics in. Not to mention, when I am tired and worn out and not feeling well I am probably going to eat a cupcake or two! And, sue me if that is wrong, but I don’t want to feel like I failed the entire year because the smell of red velvet is stronger than my will power at times J
This year I wanted to set a more realistic resolution, something that isn’t registered as a complete success or fail. Instead, something that I can work on getting better at each day, won’t feel like I can’t accomplish, and brings out some of my good qualities. So, for the New Year my goal is to just … be better than the day before.
What does that mean exactly? Well, let me elaborate a little – I want to work at being better in everything I do – in my personal and professional life.
- Enjoyment – I want to enjoy life more each day. All the experiences, the fun things I do, the people I surround myself with, and the places I go (to name a few). I want to make all of them count and I want to spend more time celebrating the reason why I enjoy those things, and not just rushing onto the next thing.
- Health – I want to get in better health, not to be limited to a certain number of pounds to lose or sit-ups to complete – but I want select and cook smarter foods, work out more consistently, drop negativity, not worry about things so much, and relax more!
- Positivity – I want to have a more positive outlook on things, see the good side, and even when something makes me upset I want to be better at trying to understand the benefits of the situation.
- Love – I want to love even more, celebrate the people in my life and making sure they know they are important to me and why. I want to be the best spouse, daughter, sister, cousin, friend I can be.
- Organization – This is an area I need some help in, yes of course I would like for everything to be in the perfect spot, but that won’t happen overnight. So my goals would be to clean out areas that are messy, organize and categorize things, simplify and get rid of things I don’t need, and be creative on how to store things.
- Charity – Giving back has always been important to me, I want to donate more, give more, and share more than I have before.
These are goals to me that make more sense, and at the end of the year if my jeans fit looser, more money is in the bank, and I have a new friend then that will be something to celebrate! But if none of that happens at least I did several small things during the year to take pride in, and I can always work at getting better!
Whatever your resolution may be, I hope it is something you are working on because it is important to you! Wishing you all a wonderful 2013!